The HP Company, which is short for Hewlett-Packard, is an American multinational information technology company. They deal in a wide variety of hardware and software devices. The company was founded in a small garage in Palo Alto, California, by Bill Hewlett and David Packard in 1939.
Setting a password on your laptop is a way of increasing security. A BIOS password is ideal for public computers. They restrict people from booting alternative operating systems on removable devices. It also prevents people from installing another operating system.
Setting the BIOS password in your HP laptop can be done in 10 simple steps.
- Turn on your laptop and press the F10 button to go to BIOS setup.
- Select Security on the tabs on the screen.
- Select Setup BIOS Administrator Password.
- Set the password of a minimum of eight characters long.
- Select User Management.
- Select Create New BIOS User account.
- Press OK and enter the User ID. See user privilege level, and the default password should be the same as user ID.
- Select Embedded-based Security.
- Enable Power-On Authentication Support and enable Embedded Security Device State.
- Press F10 and yes to save the change and exit.
This article will discuss how to reset your BIOS password on your HP laptop, what the HP BIOS administrator password is, how to unlock bios password on an HP laptop, and how to change your BIOS password in windows 10.
How Do I Reset My BIOS Password On My HP Laptop?
In some instances, there is a need to reset the BIOS password in order to enter the BIOS and modify its settings. The procedure of resetting the BIOS password is not complicated.
Here are some of the ways to reset the BIOS password:
- Remove the CMOS battery.
- Reset the BIOS password by using a master password.
- You will also need to reset the CMOS password by using the BIOS configuration utility from HP.
- Clear BIOS password with HP Probook or elite book BIOS password reset utility.
- Remove HP BIOS or CMOS password by updating the BIOS.
When resetting the password through a master key, first power on your laptop, press the F10 key to enter BIOS setup; type an incorrect password three times. You will receive a “System Disabled” notification and a code. From another computer, search to clear Bios Passwords page. Type the digit code from the “Systems Disabled” message and click Get Password. Restart the locked computer and type in the suggested password from the Clear Bios Passwords site.
What Is The HP BIOS Administrator Password?
A BIOS Administrator password is a password prompted by the computer when trying to access the BIOS password. It is, therefore, used to prevent others from changing the BIOS password system set. It is a master password that controls the major settings of your computer.
Getting the administrator password is easy. Go to BIOS Master Password Generator. Key in the code shown in the “System Disabled” window on your computer from the process mentioned earlier in resetting the password. Input the password, and that’s all.
The HP administrator password is ChangeMe123.
How Do You Unlock BIOS On An HP Laptop?
There are a few steps to unlock the Bios on your go laptop. These are:
- Turn on your computer. If the computer is already on, click the start button and select restart.
- Press the F10 key while the laptop is starting up. This successfully opens up the BIOS screen.
- Press either F2 or F6 as an alternative way to access the BIOS settings for an HP Pavilion laptop.
- You can also remove the clock battery. Please turn off your computer, remove the BIOS battery for at least an hour, and then put it back on your computer.
In case of difficulty, you can visit the HP website for more information and help.
How Do I Change My BIOS Password In Windows 10?
Changing the bios password follows the same steps as resetting it. You can change the BIOS password using an HP spare key or removing the battery.
The HP spare key is a utility that helps you or the computer administrator to recover lost system passwords. It helps recover passwords such as power-on passwords, drive lock passwords, and BIOS passwords.
To get the HP spare key, turn on the computer and immediately press the ESC key to display the startup menu. Then press the F10 key to enter BIOS setup. Type the BIOS password incorrectly three times. You will now be presented with the screen prompting you to press the F7 key for HP spare key recovery.
When you press the F7 key, the HP spare key wizard pops up and prompts you to answer their personal identification questions. If you answer correctly, you will be granted access, and you can now change the password.
To change the BIOS password by removing the CMOS battery, firstly, power the computer down. Unplug the power cables and USB devices. The computer mustn’t be able to get any power for this to work. Take out the CMOS battery and wait ten to thirty minutes, then put the battery back. Plug everything back in, then power up the computer and enter the BIOS again. If everything worked, there should be no more passwords required, and now you can set and change your password.
When changing the BIOS password in windows 10, the easiest way is:
- Turn on your Pc and enter the wrong BIOS passwords till you are locked out.
- You should see a number or code on your screen. Note it down.
- On your phone or different computer, visit the BIOS passwords website. Type in the code you saw, then click get the password.
- Enter the password on your PC. If you cannot restart your PC and enter the new password you got.
Another way through Windows 10 is:
- Enter your computer in MS-DOS mode.
- Reboot your PC.
- Enter the boot menu.
- A black dialogue box of cmd will turn up with a C: WINDOWS> prompt.
- Type in Debug.
- Hit enter.
- Enter the command given below and press enter.
- Type in exit and hit enter.
- Reboot your Pc, and you’ll be done.