Resetting your laptop is a good way of improving the performance of your computer that isn’t running well. Factory resetting is a way of unlocking your laptop: It brings back the computer’s functionality and speed. It is, however, the most thorough reset option, as it supersedes the current Windows configuration with a new one. This is, however, designed for users who want to start with a new PC. You can factory reset your ASUS laptop without logging in. There are a few easy steps to follow. This is done from the login screen. This is how it is done.
Press Windows login screen. Click the Start button and then press the Settings button. Click the update and security icon. Click Recovery, select Reset this PC, and then the get started option. Click Restore factory settings. Then choose only the drive where Windows is installed or all drives. Click between removing my files, cleaning the drives option, and finally, click Restore.
In this article, we will discuss how to factory reset the ASUS laptop, how to factory reset the ASUS laptop with Windows 10, how to restore an ASUS laptop to factory settings, and how to factory reset your ASUS laptop without logging in. Read on to find out more.
How To Factory Reset ASUS Laptop With Windows 10.
The Windows 10 process of resetting the laptop is probably the best. It is rather easy to follow the steps and is guaranteed to work almost all of the time.
Restoring your ASUS laptop through Windows 10 can be done through these steps:
- Go to the Windows Password recovery tool.
- Select Manage Accounts.
- Select the user account whose password you don’t have.
- Click on the administrator.
- Select empty and press enter
- Select remove the password or enter the new password.
- Select enter.
- Restart your laptop.
- With the no password prompt, you can reset your laptop.
Once your laptop restarts, it will be restored to factory settings. You will have achieved your purpose.
How Do I Factory Reset The ASUS Laptop?
There are different ways to factory reset your laptop. You choose what seems better for you. In factory resetting, you have to choose between a soft reset and a hard reset. That means choosing whether to remove everything or keep some files.
Once you decide you want to keep some files, make sure you back them up because your laptop might delete your important files. If you choose to remove all the files, you will completely reset your laptop. Your software will be the same as you first got it.
You can reset your ASUS laptop from the desktop. It is fairly easy. Here are the steps:
- Go to the bottom left, to the search bar.
- Type in reset.
- Click enter on Reset this PC under system settings.
- Click on get started under-recovery.
- You’ll be given two options, select whether to keep your files or remove anything.
- Follow the steps and wait for your laptop to reset.
You can reset from windows and without a password. The steps are fairly easy and effective. Also, consider the laptop model when deciding what way you choose to reset your laptop.
How Do I Restore An ASUS Laptop To Factory Settings?
When you want to sell your ASUS laptop to someone else, it is advisable to reset it. This will erase everything, including personal files. Sometimes, resetting factory settings may be a way to troubleshoot the problem when your PC breaks down.
Here, we will check on how to restore your Asus laptop through the recovery menu. This process is useful for you if you have software issues and restore them to factory settings.
Here are the steps to be followed:
- Firstly restart your Asus laptop.
- When you see the first screen with the ASUS logo, immediately hit the f9 key. When you do that successfully, you’ll see “please wait on the screen.”
- On the recovery, the menu clicks on Troubleshoot.
- You’ll see Refresh your PC, Reset your PC, and advanced options in the next menu. Click on Reset your PC.
- On the next screen, you’ll have two options, remove my files and fully clean the drive. The first option will take less time, but if you have a lot of data you need to clean out, select the second option. The second option can take a couple of hours, depending on the amount of data you have.
- Click on reset and wait.
In case your laptop keeps giving you an air message, and it keeps going back to windows, it might mean that your hard drive might have gone bad. You need to replace the hard drive and install a manual windows disk on it.
How Do I Factory Reset My Asus Laptop Without Logging In?
When you buy a second-hand computer, the previous owner might not have reset the laptop. In this case, you will need to reset the laptop, or else it can cause some inconveniences for you.
You might not be able to log in to your laptop but still want to factory reset it. Don’t worry; there is a way for you to do so. The process is fairly easy and will probably not take much of your time.
The steps for this process are:
- When your Pc can’t boot into the system, restart it several times.
- It will boot into WinRE mode.
- Select Troubleshoot.
- Click on Reset this PC.
- You can choose between Keep my files and Remove everything.
- Select reset.
- Select a user account and enter the password.
- Click on Reset.
There is another process, although almost similar. The steps are not so different.
- From the login screen, click the power icon.
- Hold the shift key while you click restart.
- Click Troubleshoot.
- Select Reset your PC.
- Select remove everything.
- Wait for your laptop to reboot.
- Click Remove my files.
- Click reset.
If you follow the steps, you will successfully restore your ASUS laptop to factory settings with ease.